tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: OCI vs THIN
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 03:55:42 GMT
We evaluated OCI driver ourselves and found that it has only one benefit
- external OPS$ account support. Otherwise THIN driver requires less
maintenance, less installation and it is often faster, because it brings
some datatypes inline (LONG, if I am not mistaken).

- Alexey.

Rumpa Giri wrote:
> For production environment it has been recommended that we use OCI
> driver.
>
> Based on the oracle JDBC guide, with oracle 10g there is not much
> difference in the two drivers in terms of capability.
>
> We would like to know is there any documentation/links/whitepapers on
> the above? Is there any data proving that OCI performs better than THIN
> driver?
>
> What are you using for your production JDBC driver? Have you had a
> chance to compare the two before making the decision?
>
> Thanks,
> Rumpa Giri

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try
> it now.

Alexey N. Solofnenko <http://trelony.cjb.net/>
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)