tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Redirect
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:10:01 GMT
Andrew Hole wrote:
> Hello!
> On an Apache server, I would like to have a Redirect from a URL to
> other URL not on my server. The redirect is temporary, and therefore I
> would prefer if the original URL appeared in the visitor's browser's
> Address Bar, as opposed to the URL of the site to which he/she was
> redirected.
> Is it possible?
> Thanks a lot

This question better belongs to the httpd users list.

Have a look at mod_rewrite, and in case you need to combine this with
mod_jk, you need to set the PT flag in the rule.

You can also do some basic URL transformation with mod_proxy:

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message