tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro <pst...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitoring Tomcat
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:09:46 GMT
Hi All

I am just curious to know what people are using to monitor Tomcat, for
my purposes I just require something very simple, and don't have too
much time to spend. I am looking for a solution kind of like this:

A basic summary of memory usage
The potential to detect memory leaks
*A summary log (not to verbose) to provide historical data
Some CPU usage and thread info would be nice
Error Detection, lock-up etc are not critical but would be a bonus

The most important feature I am looking for is to produce a short
summary log to store historical data. I don't mind running a GUI tool
like JConsole or JMeter, but maybe a servlet or a valve would be better ??

Please share your thoughts / experience,

Peter