tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat data source
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:56:54 GMT
> I have seen the documentatio many and many times...
> My question is clear? The response to my question is:
> "Isn't possible get dataSource reference if is not defined on webApp
> context"...

Yes, it is not possible.The reference should be defined
(either in context.xml, or in web.xml, but it should be).

> This is a limitation if application expose a method to make query in
> varius and dinamic datasource....
> Only possibilities is defined the connection with url, user, pass,
> driver....

It is designed so that application deployer (administrator) can check,
what global resources are accessed by your application.

You know, that those dataSources include name and password, and can be
used to access the database.   I do not want them to be accessible
without me explicitly granting / verifying such access.