tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 OutOfMemoryError (PermGen space)
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:53:14 GMT
> From: hezjing [mailto:hezjing@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 OutOfMemoryError (PermGen space)
>
> After some times, my Tomcat will stop responding and the stdout log
> says OutOfMemoryError!

Check the FAQ:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory

Especially this link from the above:
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.action
?pageId=2669

> May I know how can I run jvmstats with Tomcat 5.5.25?

You might find JConsole easier.  Just set -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
when you start Tomcat.  Lambda Probe also has a useful but less detailed
heap usage display.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.