tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <>
Subject RE: [Axis2] FileNotFoundException (SESSIONS.ser) during tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:52:27 GMT
> From: Michele Mazzucco []
> Subject: Re: [Axis2] FileNotFoundException (SESSIONS.ser)
> during tomcat shutdown
> I've tried with a clean tomcat 6.0.13 setup where only axis2 1.3 was
> deployed (tomcat 5.5.20 behaves the same) - no web services were
> deployed in axis2.

Tomcat provides space for a webapp's use via the context attribute
javax.servlet.context.tempdir; this normally points to the directory
work/Catalina/localhost/[appname], which is the one getting deleted.  I
suspect your webapp is taking the value of that attribute, using it for
a bit, and then erroneously thinking it should clean up by deleting it.

As an experiment, you can configure the name of the webapp's tempdir via
the <Context> attribute workDir; Tomcat creates this directory during
deployment of the webapp, but otherwise doesn't seem to touch it.
Setting the workDir attribute to some other location might solve your
problem, although the real fix is to have your webapp stop deleting
things it didn't create.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To start a new topic, e-mail: