tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Still trying to log using org.apache.juli.FileHandler ...
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:48:54 GMT
> From: Albretch Mueller [mailto:lbrtchx@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Still trying to log using org.apache.juli.FileHandler ...
>
>  OK, I think, this time I did follow the FM ;-) at:

But perhaps not all of it...

>  but when I declared a log4j.properties file inside of a webapp
>  no log file is created nor do I see any log messages anywhere

Did you miss this part of the doc?

"You would place a similar log4j.properties file in your web
application's WEB-INF/classes folder, and log4j1.2.8.jar into
WEB-INF/lib. Then specify your package level logging. This is a basic
setup of log4j which does *not* require Commons-Logging"

Note the requirement to put a separate log4j*.jar into WEB-INF/lib; I
see no mention of that in your message.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.