tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: can't undeploy webapp with manager
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:11:38 GMT
> From: Tom Robinson [mailto:tom@constantstream.com]
> Subject: can't undeploy webapp with manager
>
> I've pasted my context (ROOT.xml) and server.xml below
> with a few more comments on various <Host> settings

This is certainly an unusual configuration; whether or not that's
contributing to the issue isn't clear.

1) Why do you have an additional <Service> configured?  I can't imagine
an environment where that's really needed.

2) The appBase settings for the two <Host> elements overlap - never a
good thing.  These should be distinct, assuming you really need two
<Host>s in the first place.

3) Where is your ROOT.xml located?  To which <Host> does it belong?

4) Have you deployed a separate Manager for each <Host>?

5) The antiJARLocking and antiResourceLocking aren't needed on Linux
systems, and may be causing some odd interactions with the Manager.

I haven't had any problems with undeploying the default app using a more
typical Tomcat configuration, even when the .war is outside of the
appBase directory.

Is your ROOT.xml being deleted by the undeploy?  (It should be.)  You
might try simplifying your setup and see what happens.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.