tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Martines <stefanomarti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: stdout.log size is increasing
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:13:11 GMT
  Hi Steve,
  thanks,
  OS is windows 2003.

How can I archive stdout.log in a production environment without stopping tomcat?
  I want that tomcat automatically archives the stdout.log file and
creates a new one once a certains size is reached. Otherwise the log file size raises everyday
!

How can I configure "logrotate" as you mentioned? is it applicable on windows as well?

  thank you

Steve Ochani <ochanis@ncc.edu> wrote:
  On 10 Dec 2007 at 1:16, Stefano Martines wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Although the log level is low, the stdout.log size is increasing in
> production day by day.
> I want that tomcat automatically archives the stdout.log file and
> creates a new one once a certains size is reached.
>
> How can I do that?

You didn't mention what OS you're using (or Tomcat version for that matter) but if you're

using unix, try logrotate.