tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dirk ooms <d...@onesparrow.com>
Subject extra field in form-based authentication
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:00:17 GMT
Hello,

I would like to have an extra field in my form-based login page, but I'm
wondering how I can retrieve the value of that extra field within my
application (request.getParameter("blabla") does not work).

I searched the web and a suggestion was to override authenticate() in
FormAuthenticator. But I'm wondering how I tell the container to use my
version of authenticate()?

Are there other ways? This looks like something obvious, but after searching
for a couple of hours, I haven't found a clear answer to this issue.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
dirk