tomcat-users mailing list archives

From lightbulb432 <>
Subject What gets reloaded on Tomcat automatic reload
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:46:57 GMT

When a context is set with reloadable="true" and a change is made to one of
the appropriate folders, causing a context reload, what is and isn't
undeployed and redeployed?

I ask because, surprisingly, a static variable kept its state across the
automatic reload. Is this expected behavior? I thought it would be a
completely fresh, new deployment that's the equivalent of stopping and
restarting the server, with regards to the context with which you're

However, stopping and restarting the server does, of course, clear the
static variable's state, but that's not the case with the automatic reload -
or am I probably just doing something wrong?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message