tomcat-users mailing list archives

From primus <vanderh...@rocketmail.com>
Subject RE: Preventing War files from redeploying
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:36:54 GMT

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: primus [mailto:vanderhoef@rocketmail.com]
>> Subject: Preventing War files from redeploying
>>
>> Is it possible to have tomcat not redeploy the last
>> war and just start up with the existing files?
>
> Not redeploying from the .war is Tomcat's normal behavior, at least for
> the 5.5 and 6.0 versions.  Since you're seeing something different,
> either your Tomcat configuration or your environment is unusual.
>
> What Tomcat version are you using?
>
> What is the unpackWars attribute of the Tomcat <Host> element(s) in
> conf/server.xml set to?
>
> Where are you modifying the .jsp files?  (Exact directory name, please.)
>
> What does the Tomcat restart process entail?  Does said process delete
> your modified .jsp files, by any chance?
>
> And no, it's not a dumb question.
>
>  - Chuck

I'm running Tomcat 5.5xx.
The unpackWars Attribute I think is set to the virtual host found at
/var/www/vhosts/[vhost name]
I have a clustered environment, my .jsp's are getting overwritten on a
restart of tomcat when I move a single .jsp to whatever folder
/[vhost]/folder/.jsp.

If any of these answers do not make sense let me know and I'll try to
correct them or get better info.