tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Debugging 'listenerStart:Severe'
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:56:12 GMT

Env: Tomcat 6.0.14, JRE1.6

Often I find that making my webapp's log4j configuration more verbose with
regards to org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext would yield debugs on
my the contexts fails with 'listenerStart: Severe' message.

But I find that this is not consistent; is there a way to make StandardContext
or the context listener dump more debugs on the failure of the context to load?

How can I make Juli logger dump debug information peratining to context load

Any improvements in this area would be perhaps a significant boost to
troubleshootability of Tomcat contexts.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: