tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat Service and OCI
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:54:30 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server

After Thought
Rumpa, I was just thinking.... it happens.
>From what you doing and, ie installing drivers in Tomcat/lib
If Oracle is set up right, you should have to do nothing else... ie just run
Service.Bat
Then if you finding that from the Tomcat Icon in Task bar... making the
service start on AUTO does not work (I find that, dont know why).
Then go to Admn - > Services on windows and set it there. Then the service
will start when the machine starts.

If you have to start it from the command line, the only script you should be
Writing is something like
NET Start Apache Tomcat

Its a service... idea is not to start it like a normal EXE or Jar

You want to try get it down like this, so that if a windows user uses the
Installer version, it also works.
If anything... I think its a property in the Oracle installation that isnt
right... I think check the system properties needed for OCI.

It should be very easy...