tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat Service and OCI
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:28:31 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
Rumpa I dont know, going to guess.

First Guess ;)
I'm wondering why you dont base this on service.bat
Starting a service is done for you, and it (service bat) look like its
actually a 2 phase thing.
First the service is installed, and then at the bottom, they give you a
place to add options, with another call.
You seem to be doing it the hard way.

Second Guess ;)
The error you getting has got nothing to do with the JDBC driver, it cant
find the DLL.
I think if you put the DLL in windows/system32 it would find it.
Which means the system path or something like that is not right.
The Tomcat service probably checks this sort of thing when started in 2
phases, but the cause is probably because services run under a "local system
user", and the system paths showing the location of those DLL's are under
"your" user name and not in ALL user names... see My Computer (right
cick) -> Advanced -> Env Variables.

Then finally, if you do let Tomcat do its thing through service bat, you
should get a task bar icon, if you click on that and look at the Java tab,
its easy to see which JavaOpts are coming through and you can change and
test there as well.

Compliments of the Season