tomcat-users mailing list archives

From galevsky <galev...@gmail.com>
Subject [Windows service] how to update with new procrun (doc is deprecated)
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:51:26 GMT
Hi all,

I made a silent install of Tomcat 5.5 that generates a Tomcat5 Windows
service, with JavaHome set reading my HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java
Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion key. But this key is false (still a
1.4 JRE) and I want to update the service during my install process to
make JavaHome target the right JRE path (a 1.5 one). I precise that it
is normal that my key is still pointing to an old JRE version, since I
install the 1.5 taking extra care not to change the global system
version (don't want to break other apps running on 1.4).

I can't do it with the GUI bin\tomcat5w.exe, but I would like to run
something like:
-> bin\tomcat5.exe //US//Tomcat5 --JavaHome="C:\Program Files\Java\JRE\1.5.0_11"

I read it in the documentation at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html,
but it doesn't work and I am not surprised:

"This section of the documentation applies to procrun 1.0, and is now obsolete."

So, I would be most grateful if someone could tell the way to update
my JavaHome, or give me a link to learn it.

Many thanks,

Gal'