tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Clemeur <>
Subject Re: mod_jk problem for post request ended with a ? (question mark)
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 01:22:35 GMT

Thank you Rainer for taking the time to answer. My comments are below.

> Not a known problem. You can increase log level via "JkLogLevel debug".
> There should be a line containing "service" or "Service", which includes
> the URI) we send forward to Tomcat.
> The log will also show you, if any of your JkMount directives match,
> i.e. if mod_jk thinks it should forward, or it shouldn't.

I have set the log level to debug and when I submit that form the
only think I can see in the mod_jk log are the following lines:

Mod jk
[Sat Nov 03 11:00:34 2007] [1936:3085977296] [debug]
 map_uri_to_worker::jk_uri_worker_map.c (609):
Attempting to map context URI '/app/*=ajp13' source 'JkMount'
[Sat Nov 03 11:00:34 2007] [1936:3085977296] [debug]
 map_uri_to_worker::jk_uri_worker_map.c (624):
Found a wildchar match '/app/*=ajp13'

And then nothing else. Interestingly, at the same time of the request,
in the error log of apache, I always have the following:

[Sat Nov 03 11:00:34 2007] [notice]
child pid 1936 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

On successful requests, I indeed observe the "Service finished "
with the status.
> You can report your findings back here, but please include configuration
> used, and some more details, like how exactly does the problematic URL
> look like.

Sorry, I did not give enough details. So I just create a simple jsp
to reproduce the problem. If I submit the jsp below
(which name should be test.jsp), I never receive a response back
from the server.

(Actually I could observe that the problem is not necessarily linked
 to the post method. You can reproduce it with a get method if there
 are no input in the form.)

I am running httpd 2.2.3 on CentOS 5. I have compiled my-self mod_jk
as the instruction in the BUILD.txt. Mod_jk is talking to tomcat 6.0.13.

<%@ page language="java" %>
<form action="test.jsp?" method="post">
<input type="submit" />

To start a new topic, e-mail: