tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Stop Caching Flash files
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 03:24:19 GMT

"MyTest Email" <betasignup@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6027d6f90711061744l1e9f5272t15bde1d5f004baa3@mail.gmail.com...
>I need to set tomcat to allways send a new copy of the flash file on the
> server and not send a cached copy, not have proxy servers cache the file,
> etc.
>
> I know that there are client, server and proxy issues but I'm looking to
> see
> what tomcat configuration can do to assit me to have proxy servers and
> tomcat not cache the flash files.

It is possible to set cachingAllowed="false" on the <Context /> element to
prevent Tomcat from caching, but except in extreme cases it is usually
useless because of a short TTL (5sec by default).  See
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html for more details
on Tomcat caching options.

Otherwise, you have to roll your own Filter that will set the caching
headers (Expires, Cache-Control, Pragma, etc) to control proxy server
caching.  Tomcat doesn't provide anything out-of-the-box to do this sort of
thing.