tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "alla winter" <>
Subject Cannot retrieve rtf file when user data constrains applied
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:11:01 GMT

I am having the following issue:

when I apply the security constrain to force users to access our web site
via https:

I  can not retrieve PDF, excel or rtf files from our web site.  When I
comment out this constrain, I can access it.

The following error message is displayed:

" Internet Explorer can not download   file_name from URL
Internet Explorer was unable to open this site. The requested site is either
unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"

I researched on Google and found some info ( that IE is having a
problem retrieving those files when the web server  ( in this case the IIS )
is set to :

Pragma: no cache

Cache-control: No-cache

I am not sure that this applies to Tomcat or not.  But what can I do to
prevent this from happening?

 Here the info about our environment:

IE 7.0.5730 , TOMCAT 5.5.25 with APR on  the computer with Intel(R) XEON(R)
Processor E5345 with operating System Server  2003 R2 64 bit

java environment: jdk 1.5.13 64 bit

I have the same issue with the same version of Tomcat on the workstation
(Windows XP) and jdk 1.5.13 32 bit
I would appreciate your help.  Thanks