tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "alla winter" <alla1.win...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with setting TOMCAT 5.5.28 on AMD64
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:25:24 GMT
Hello,
I installed TOMCAT 5.5.25 with APR on  the computer with Intel(R) XEON(R)
Processor E5345 with operating SYstem Server  2003 R2 64 bit
java environment: jdk 1.5.13 64 bit
I am able to start TOMCAT with startup.bat and run the application over http
and https protocols.
However, I can not install tomcat as Windows service using tomcat5.exe
I am getting the following error message:

[2007-11-14 12:52:08] [420  prunsrv.c] [error]
[2007-11-14 12:52:08] [1327 prunsrv.c] [error]
Load configuration failed

I read that I need to have msvcr71.dll - I checked, I do not have it in my
win32 directory   I copied it from another 32 bit server (where the same
version of TOMCAT is successfully installed as service) and put it in my
CATALINA_HOME\bin directory, but it didn't make any difference.  May be it
was wrong to do, but where can I get this 64 bit dll, and I am not even sure
that this is because I do not have msvcr71.dll

I would appreciate any help in this matter
thanks