tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Deneen" <mden...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about multiple SSL at same machine
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:34:19 GMT
You can't do name-based virtual hosting with SSL.  I think I remember
reading that the headers are encrypted and are not decrypted until
after apache would have to make the choice of which virtual host to
send the request to.

I suppose that changing the SSL port would let you use the same IP
address... but I suspect you will run into firewall issues depending
on who is using the service.

Mark