tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:22:19 GMT
It's quite some time since my last experience with DB2, however, maybe
this gives you a start:

There are multiple jdbc-drivers available for DB2.

Obviously, youÄre using a class3-JDBC-driver, meaning that this is not
a plain java-driver but needs some middleware to connect to DB2
(DB2-Connect).

However, DB2 also is offering a class4-JDBC-driver that does not make
use of any such middleware.

We're also using this driver in some client's environments.

When I'm in the office later on, I'll lookup the name and the jdbc-url
and let you guys know.

Cheers

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2