tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat in production
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:12:58 GMT
Hi Chuck,

On Nov 15, 2007 3:55 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> > From: Markus Schönhaber [mailto:mailing-tomcat-user@schoenhaber.de]
> > Subject: Re: tomcat in production
> >
> > AFAICT the main advantage of APR wrt static content is the possibility
> > to use sendfile.
>
> The pure Java NIO connector also supports sendfile.  Still haven't seen any actual performance
numbers comparing NIO and APR.

However, the initial questions was about Tomcat being in production-environment.

Since the NIO-connector is not considered stable yet, some report it
as still quite buggy, that very connector shouldn't really be an
option for a production-environment...

Cheers

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2