tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Manuel Martins <nuno.mmartins_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject RE: How to configure ssl vhosts in server.xml?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:51:29 GMT

Hi,

Try to do as Apache says and define it like this:

        NameVirtualHost *:443
        <VirtualHost devsecure.bla.com:443>
          ServerName devsecure.bla.com
                [...]
        </VirtualHost>

        <VirtualHost devsecure.bla.com:443>
                ServerName tstsecure.bla.com
                [...]
        </VirtualHost>

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Nuno

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Schmelzer [mailto:mike_schmelzer@gmx.net]
Sent: sexta-feira, 9 de Novembro de 2007 9:10
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: How to configure ssl vhosts in server.xml?

Hi!

I have a Apache Tomcat configuration with vhosts in Tomcats server.xml. Those vhost entries
will be generated in the mod_jk.conf during Tomcat start.

So far so good, it works pretty good.

Now I have to configure ssl. At my first try I did that in the ssl_vhost.conf of the Apache:

<VirtualHost devsecure.bla.com:443>
        ServerName devsecure.bla.com
        DocumentRoot "/usr/local/vipsysteme/vip8/website/devwww.bla.com"
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error_log
        TransferLog /var/log/apache2/access_log
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/devwww.bla.com_server.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/devwww.bla.com_server.key
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ssl_request_log  ssl_combined
</VirtualHost>

This works too - somehow... However there is a conflict with the vhost definitions in my mod_jk.conf.
A warning is displayed when Apache starts:

[warn] VirtualHost devsecure.bla.com:443 overlaps with VirtualHost devwww.bla.com:0, the first
has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive

I guess it would be helpful to implement the ssl vhosts in my server.xml. This should generate
another vhost entry in the mod_jk.conf including the needed ssl properties.

The problem is, I don't know how (parameters, attributes, syntax). Please help! Maybe there
is an example or something.

Cheers,
Mike