tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Garrison" <Jim.Garri...@troux.com>
Subject RE: Listener Shutdown Order?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:00:30 GMT

All
> >> servlets and filters have been destroy()ed before any
> >> ServletContextListeners are notified of context destruction."
> >
> > What I'm seeing is that servlet destroy() is being called AFTER the
> > listeners have been shutdown.  If I'm reading the quote above right,
> > this shouldn't happen; servlets should have already been destroy()ed
> > before the listener is shutdown.
>

> I checked the Tomcat 5.5 source, and this is what happens in
> StandardContext.stop():
>
> .
> .
> .

You are, of course, correct and there is no bug.  I was getting confused
due to multiple contexts running in a single server.  I've sorted
everything out now and it all appears to work as expected.

The root cause of my confusion was a bug in the Eclipse debugger's
variable-value tooltip display, which can display the wrong value if
there are two instances of a Class loaded under different classloaders.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
do not use, copy or distribute it. Do not open any attachments. Delete it immediately from
your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so. Thank you.