tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shug Boabby <>
Subject Re: jk_mod and binding tomcat's root to an apache directory
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:26:54 GMT
Thanks again Rainer,

I think we're getting somewhere with this... but unfortunately all
means something is happening because the response to
tomcat is that it doesn't exist (because the rewrite rule doesn't
apply if there is no trailing slash and it's trying to find the static
page to serve).

I have noted the e-mail wrapping of the line and corrected for it.

My file looks like

and my apache configuration (after module loading etc) has

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule /tomcat/(.*) /$1 [E=JK_WORKER_NAME:worker1,H=jakarta-

I don't have any explicit JkMount lines anywhere and I'm not seeing
anything unusual in my logs.

Have any further ideas? I really appreciate your help on this.

On 4 Nov 2007, at 14:04, Rainer Jung wrote:
> LoadModule rewrite_module modules/
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule /tomcat/(.*) /$1
> [E=JK_WORKER_NAME:myworker,H=jakarta-servlet,PT]
> The RewriteRule line extends until "PT]"
> This will activate JK forwarding via a worker called myworker (you can
> replace it by the name of your worker) for everything that starts with
> /tomcat/ and also changes the forwarding URL by stripping the leading
> "/tomcat".
> FOR Apache we use mod_rewrite for those tricks, because it is a
> modular
> server and there exists many usefuk modules. For IIS this kind of
> ability is already build into the JK isapi plugin.
> Is that what you are looking for?
> Note that now we don't replace /tomcat by /servlet-examples, so a
> working request now would be /tomcat/servlet-example/something.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message