tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Yee <eddieyeew...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 server.xml populating a context section by itself
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:45:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.25 on Solaris, and we are using a lot of environment entries in our
applications.  I have the environment entry specified in the conf/server.xml and also declared
in the conf/context.xml.    One thing I noticed is that our server.xml continually populates
it's own context section for each application, even if I have it specified globally in the
conf/context.xml.

This population of the context for our app in the server.xml is preventing us from undeploying
our application hence requiring a restart every time we need to deploy.

I know our developers are putting the environment resource list in their app under WEB-INF/web.xml
   Is there something else we need to do to prevent the server.xml from populating it's own
context section per app?

Thanks,
Eddie