tomcat-users mailing list archives

From zhongliang zhang <zhangzho...@msn.com>
Subject RE: [tomcat]How to decrypt the DIGEST authentication?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:14:14 GMT
Hi,Mark,
I have to turn to you again.
I encounter the problem with configuring the Digested-Password in the JDBCRealm.
The JDBCRealm fragment of the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml is shown as followed:
<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"           driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test"           connectionName="root" connectionPassword="root"
          userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"           userRoleTable="user_roles"
roleNameCol="role_name" />
and in the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml,I did the following security-constraint:
<security-constraint> <web-resource-collection>  <web-resource-name>all</web-resource-name>
 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> </web-resource-collection> <auth-constraint>
 <role-name>customized</role-name> </auth-constraint></security-constraint><login-config>
<auth-method>DIGEST</auth-method> <realm-name>JDBCRealm</realm-name></login-config>
it works with mysql database which is just for testing.Now in my database table users,I insert
a record:
user_name:zhangzhongl
user_pass:zhangzhongl
and in the database table,I insert a record:
role_name:customized
username:zhangzhongl
So,it works before I added the digest attribute to the <Realm> element with value "SHA"
or "MD5".
After I added the digest attribute,I copied the tomcat-juli.jar from $TOMCAT_HOME/bin to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib,then
start up,
after I entered the username zhangzhongl and clear-text password(Now,in the database,I stored
the password with SHA encrypted form),it does now work,which means I can not enter the tomcat
welcome page.

I do not know what the reason is.
Please do me a favor.
thanks so much!> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html#Digested%20Passwords>