tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: ListenerStart
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:57:12 GMT
did you verify your configuration files are proper XML ?
which parameter does ContextListener error out on?
do you see the message "INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()"
anywhere in the logs?

Log4j.properties has the requisite parameters in and is webapp accessible
when located in /WEB-INF/classes location
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html

##log4j.properties
#identify logfile as receptor of log for root
log4j.rootLogger=logfile

log4j.appender.logfile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile.File=${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/YourWebApp/WEB-INF/BigL
og.log
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxFileSize=512KB
# Keep three backup files.
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxBackupIndex=3
# Pattern to output: date priority [category] - message
log4j.appender.logfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

M-