tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shug Boabby <shug.boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jk_mod and binding tomcat's root to an apache directory
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:55:28 GMT
On 4 Nov 2007, at 13:48, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> To reiterate what I would like to do... I want to be able to set up
>> http://myserver.com/tomcat to point to http://myserver.com:8180 and
>> likewise for SSL. It surprises me that more people do not want a
>> simple,
>> hassle-free setup like this!
>
> This requirement is not well defined.
>
> What do you want to happen with a request like this:
>
> http://myserver.com/tomcat/a/b/c.d

I would like that request to go to tomcat, where tomcat sees that it
received the request "a/b/c.d" on the myserver.com domain. The result
would be the same as calling

   http://myserver.com:8180/a/b/c.d

directly. And similarly for SSL. I'd like to use Apache to do the SSL
layer (as it is more efficient and saves maintaining 2 sets of
certificates), but I still want Tomcat to know if it is communicating
over a CONFIDENTIAL channel or not.