tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shug Boabby <>
Subject Re: jk_mod and binding tomcat's root to an apache directory
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:55:28 GMT
On 4 Nov 2007, at 13:48, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> To reiterate what I would like to do... I want to be able to set up
>> to point to and
>> likewise for SSL. It surprises me that more people do not want a
>> simple,
>> hassle-free setup like this!
> This requirement is not well defined.
> What do you want to happen with a request like this:

I would like that request to go to tomcat, where tomcat sees that it
received the request "a/b/c.d" on the domain. The result
would be the same as calling

directly. And similarly for SSL. I'd like to use Apache to do the SSL
layer (as it is more efficient and saves maintaining 2 sets of
certificates), but I still want Tomcat to know if it is communicating
over a CONFIDENTIAL channel or not.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: