tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat causing high CPU load
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:57:01 GMT
Hi Bob,

Kill -3 <TOMCAT PID>

Will produce a stack trace in catalina.out

This problem is VERY most probably your code, and not tomcat, but a
stacktrace should show this.

ps auxwh

will also give you an indication, its probably just 1 thread pushing
you to such a high load.

As for "walking" through the code - don't forget this stuff is
multithreaded so its not so easy to walk through...

My bets are on an  unsynchronized HashMap.

Cheers

Andrew