tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Beth Hechanova" <bhechan...@imsconsultants.com>
Subject autoDeploy attribute behavior
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:09:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a war file that I do not want to be automatically deployed when
it is copied to the webapps directory, so I have set the autoDeploy
attribute in server.xml to false.  However, I would like that new war
file to be expanded when tomcat is restarted, but that does not seem to
be the case.  If I delete the corresponding directory before restarting
tomcat, then obviously I can see the updated changes on the website.

Is there another configuration parameter to use that will define the
behavior I'm looking for -

*	Allow for a new war file to be deployed, but do NOT want those
changes to take affect
*	Reboot tomcat
*	Changes in new war file can be seen

Thanks,