tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jenna" <jen...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Can't Modify or Delete Files Running Tomcat on Vista
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:24:15 GMT

Hi,
I'm pretty new to Tomcat and I just installed it on my Windows Vista machine using the Windows
installer. I did the same thing on my XP machine previously and had no problems. I am able
to start Tomcat and run my applications, however, I am not able to modify or delete any of
the files in any of the Tomcat directories. I keep getting an error that says "You need permission
to perform this action." I am setup as the administrator on my computer. I tried disabling
user account control in Vista but that did not help. I also copied the file msvcr71.dll from
my jre bin folder to Tomcat's bin folder as I heard that was necessary on Vista but it did
not help me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Jenna