tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Asare Samuel <s_as...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: specify class name in environment or system property...?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:09:15 GMT
yes but why am i getting the error:

  Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter,
or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
null

   when i try to run it???

David kerber <dckerber@verizon.net> wrote:
  Any of those methods will likely work; I prefer the java.util.Properties
object and its various methods, and read the settings from a disk file.

For settings that I don't need to change much (or ever), I usually use
system.properties, and set them in the jvm startup properties.