tomcat-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:11:55 GMT
I'm having some problems figuring out what webapp is causing this problem. I figure the cause
of this is the fact that garbage collector does not clean up and memory allocated for java
object generation is used . Right now i have a hunch on one of the webapps:
I have an application which connects every 5 minutes to an url, opens a stream and reads some
data(about 20 lines from an xml file) appends that text to a local file, draws a chart based
on that data and creates some html files. The xml files where the text is appended can get
to a max of 30 kb at the end of the day. That's not that much. But still, could something
like this cause the PermGen space error? 10x