tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shug Boabby <>
Subject Re: jk_mod and binding tomcat's root to an apache directory
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:15:03 GMT
Thanks Rainer and Janning,

I'm afraid my question is still unanswered... but I am particularly
interested in what you say here

On 4 Nov 2007, at 12:43, Rainer Jung wrote:
> You can though deploy your webapps not on the top level directory,
> but instead into a sub directory (using a path, that contains more
> than one URL directory component), e.g. /tomcat/servlet-examples
> etc. directly on your tomcat, and then JkMount /tomcat/*. That'll be
> true zero-admin.

I have tried to do this on Tomcat 5.5. i.e. instead of deploying
MyApp.war to /usr/share/tomcat/webapps I'm deploying to /usr/share/
tomcat/webapps/subdir. But tomcat is not able to pick up on any of the
war files in the subdirectory. Is that what you meant?

To reiterate what I would like to do... I want to be able to set up

  to point to and likewise for SSL. It
surprises me that more people do not want a simple, hassle-free setup
like this!

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: