tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shaji Thomas" <ShTho...@ariba.com>
Subject How to make Tomcat shutdown itself if the address it is trying to bind is already in use.
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:39:44 GMT
I am using Tomcat 6.

When Tomcat finds that the specified port ( http or AJP ) is already in
use, it logs a warning message and continues to run.  What we would like
is for Tomcat to shutdown when it finds that it cannot bind to the
specified address. Is there any way I can make Tomcat do this?  Or is
there a way I can catch this error within my application (which is
running under Tomcat) and initiate a shutdown?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaji