tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: [OT] Release Management and Deployment
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:46:39 GMT
On 16/11/2007, at 4:09 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

> 2 options-Tried and true Ant which is rock solid reliable, easily
> configurable and a user-friendly user-list where a resource will
> respond in 24 hoursmore information available athttp://ant.apache.org/Maven..complex

>  environment with heavy reliance on repositories and plugins..If any
> attribute is incorrect such as groupId/artifactId/versionor plugin
> repositories are inaccessible or you have a file system which doesnt
> support the default repository of .m2 then nothing works whats more
> there is no user-list (at least from what I've seen thus far)
> available..On the plus side maven's ability to configure internet
> site repositories is probably maven's most powerful featurehttp://maven.apache.org/
> HTH/

Thanks Martin,

Maven and Ant are both great tools - they are great for building a
Release and Deployment platform, but in the are not that in themselves.

I probably should have said that I am looking for a web based system,
than can use whatever - maven, ant, make, shell... but
provides a friendly environment to track releases, publish software,
etc...

Thanks

Andrew