tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tremal Naik" <>
Subject Re: UTF-8 charset encoding
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:51:23 GMT
2007/11/16, Mark Thomas <>:
> Some standard text I wrote a while ago follows. The most useful bit is
> probably the URIEncoding attribute on the connector.

Thanks Mark, I think I read your paper somewhere before I decided to
write to this help request. In fact, if you read carefully the last
paragraph of my original post, I said that I already tried setting the
connector parameter URIEncoding="UTF-8". Unfortunately, this parameter
is read after the first parse occurred, as I explained there, making
the subsequent setting useless in terms of request body parsing. I
think (I didn't investigate further) this is due a Valve I wrote that
accesses the request parameters before the Connector.getURIEncoding()
is invoked the first time. I solved this with another Valve (which
code is copy/pasted from the SetCharacterEncodingFilter) that is
invoked as the first in the chain.



To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message