tomcat-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject load-on-startup problem
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:13:05 GMT
I had an application where I had a <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> tag in
my web.xml for one of my servlets so that whenever tomcat starts, it will run some code from
the init() method. Couple of days ago I moved my project to another computer on a new tomcat
instalation and after a while I decided to remove the load on startup tag from web.xml  and
I also deleted the code in the init() method in my servlet. Wierd thing is, whenever I start
tomcat now, I look in catalina.out and at startup I can see some exceptions from that servlet,
like tomcat would still try to run the servlet at startup. Why is tomcat still trying to load
the servlet on startup? deleting load-on startup from web.xml is not enough? do I still have
to configure something else? 10x a lot