tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marko Krejic" <marko.kre...@enovation.se>
Subject Tomcat 3.3.1a problem
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:16:00 GMT
Hi,

We are running Tomcat 3.3.1a on a Windows Server 2003. A apache server is also installed on
the machine as a proxy and it is connected with the tomcat through AJP12. Tomcat is running
on JDK1.4.2_13.

Now to our problem. We have been running this setup for quite a while (a few years). But until
recently, the load has increased.
It seems like when there are quite many connections, then suddenly it is not possible to read
the requestbody anymore. We get the request and we are seeing the request header, but when
we want to read the body, it all seems to hang... At this time it seems like the threads are
just stacking up and nothing is processed.

Other threads, such as timer-threads and file-listener threads, are running normally. It seems
like only the request comming through the connectors (the AJP12 and HTTP) are hanging.

Does anybody recognise these problems? And does anybody have any suggestions about how to
fix this?

We have tried to run without Apache and AJP12, but we got the same problem.

I could mention that we know that we have mobile clients sending requests to the server and
if the server is not responding within a certain time, they will "cut-off" the request. Could
it be that tomcat is not "releasing" these requests?

Please, any suggestions would be very apprieciated!

Thanks in advance!

Marko Krejic