tomcat-users mailing list archives

From BuildSmart <buildsm...@daleenterprise.com>
Subject Re: I want two application web like root in the same Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:19:17 GMT

On Nov 8, 2007, at 11:41:17, Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:

> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Mikolaj,
>>
>> Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:

>>> With exception of additional memory wasted.
>>>

>> I prefer to think of it as increased flexibility.
>>
> If webapps do not need any very special treatment (like complex
> JNDI configuration, some other weird options) there's no need to
> have two tomcats just for that.
>
> Anyway, memory is cheap, but it's wise to know other ways also.

I currently run two webapps from a single installation without any
issues, the initial configuration was complicated but the end results
are that  two webapps share the same context and react/respond based
on the file extension.

JNDI is minimal in both cases (one is a template engine) but I'm not
convinced that a more complicated configuration couldn't exists
provided the rules are defined well enough to prevent cross-
contamination.

> --
> Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>

-- Dale