tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0 with Apache 2.2 front-end
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:22:01 GMT
the speed of the connectors are (in order)

Http11Protocol - Java BIO connector, no poller, blocking read/write
Http11AprProtocol - APR connector, poller, blocking read/write
Http11NioProtocol - Java NIO connector, poller, simulated blocking
read/write

the reason the NIO is slower, is cause it has to simulate "blocking"
reads and writes through a non blocking API.The reason the BIO is the
fastest, is cause there is no context switching during block simulation,
or adding/removing the connection from a poller.

When it comes to SSL, the APR connector is much faster than both the
Java connectors.

Filip