tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5, Apache 2.0.XX and mod_proxy
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:09:52 GMT
Thats because your configuration is incomplete, in order for Apache to
pass the cookie to the correct context you need to do some additional
configuration (or alternatively use a connector like mod_jk)

You may need to configure the jvmRoute parameter in server.xml, this
allows Apache to map to the correct Tomcat context, otherwise deploy
your web app in the Tomcat root context.

<Connector port="8082"
               enableLookups="false"
               proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true"
	       jvmRoute=T1/>

You also need to add a server mapping in Apache, one way to do this
easily is with a RewriteMap. (If you use Apache 2.2 then you could use
the in-built mod_proxy_balancer module). I also use Apache 2.0 so I just
make a static mapping, which looks something like this:

RewriteMap SERVERS rnd:/etc/apache2/servers.conf

servers.conf
T1  tomcat.server.com:8081
ALL   tomcat.server.com:8081

#configure more instances for load balancing if you wish

Peter