tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruce <br...@centerstage.com>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.14 startup on Windows
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:40:58 GMT
I am using tomcat6w.exe to setup and configure. I would like to start up
Tomcat as a service with an icon on my taskbar.

The help says this is possible with the //MS// option. However, there is
no explanation or example of where to put the option. I have tried
putting it everywhere I think it should go. Does anyone here know?

Related (I think) issue: I have Tomcat set to startup type, "Automatic."
The only argument on the startup tab is "start" When Tomcat starts, I
get a command window that needs to be minimized. The last line says,
"INFO: server startup in 1059 seconds." If I close the window, Tomcat
stops. I do not want my customers to be seeing this window. Is there any
way of getting rid of this window and still have Tomcat running?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce