tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Félix Pedrera García <felix.pedr...@deimos-space.com>
Subject Serving static resources outside webapp in Tomcat 5.5.25
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:34:20 GMT
Hello,

We have a web application ("app") running on Tomcat 5.5.9 deployed on
the default tomcat webapp directory ([TOMCAT_HOME]/webapps). This
application has a "context.xml" file which defines access to static
external resources (image files, video files, etc.) this way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="/app/resources" path="/contents" >
   <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" />
</Context>

These file can be accessed correctly. For example with the following URL
http://localhost:8080/contents/image.gif the image located in
/app/resources/image.gif. is shown.

We are upgrading Tomcat version from 5.5.9 to 5.5.25, and with the new
version, it is impossible to access the external files with the
context.xml definition it used to work in Tomcat 5.5.9.

What has been changed from version 5.5.9 and which is the way to access
external static resources from a webapp in Tomcat 5.5.25?

Thanks in advance,

--
Félix Pedrera