tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Too many open files error -- using tomcat 6.0.14 on RHEL 4
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:06:13 GMT
Since you are on a Linux system, use a little utility called "lsof"
This one will list all the file descriptor associated with your process.
When you get the output, it will point you to where you are using up all
your file descriptors.

Also, check your "ulimit -n" setting for the user running the java process

Filip