tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: tomcat process doesn't stop
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:10:12 GMT
loredana loredana wrote:
> well, I don't know exactly what to tell you. the guys at networking installed java and
tomcat and everything else. On tomcat release notes I see it says Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.14
annd when I run java -version I get

> java version "1.4.2_15"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_15-b02)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_15-b02, mixed mode)

You may have another installation of Java.

The Tomcat startup scripts, e.g. %TC%/bin/startup.sh may have been
modified to use an alternative, rather than the system default.

If you start Tomcat with the above script, the last line of the startup
message should report the version in use.

The message you are seeing is related to Log4J - maybe you have a faulty
logging configuration that is refusing to release a class/process in an
timely fashion.

Examine your logging setup...