tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject FORM login, would like error page same as login page
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:45:21 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using FORM login, and I'm trying to make error page looks the same
as login page, with one extra error message.

So, I created login.html, with username and password fields, and if
parameter err=1 is passed, then the error message is displayed.

My web.xml configuration follows:

   <login-config>
     <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
     <form-login-config>
       <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/login/login.html</form-login-page>
       <form-error-page>/WEB-INF/login/login.html?err=1</form-error-page>
     </form-login-config>
   </login-config>

But this doesn't work. I get the page login.html, but no error message.
It seems that parameter err=1 is never passed to the page.

Any other ideas how to achieve this?

Regards,
Ognjen