tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: problem with starting tomcat4.1.31
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:42:40 GMT
Sneha Manohar wrote:

> I have Microsoft window vista OS .I have downloaded Tomcat verision 4.1.

Why? The current Tomcat version is 6.0.14.

> I have set JAVA_HOME ,CATALINA_HOME.
> When I start server new window comes & disappears.
> when I shutdown I get following eror.
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0
> Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Tomcat didn't start because of some error (that's why the new window
disappears). Check the log files in %CATALINA_BASE%\logs.
You can also use
catalina.bat run
instead of
startup.bat
Then no new window will open and possibly disappear before you have been
able to read any message printed in it.

Regards
  mks